Thursday 16 July 2015

Inside, Out

So I said that I would post something a bit more upbeat and seeing as my lovely daughter has gone off to the Gaelteacht and I am missing her already I thought I would post this poem I wrote when asked by a good friend (Denis) for his book of poems - imagine that I have two published poems!! Anyway here it is, please feel free to comment on this or any of my blogs - remember feedback good or bad is always positive.

One day I wished up a star
To find a love so rare
That only few could understand
And less could really share
To my delight life for once was kind
And all my wishes were answered
True love I finally found

I feel his kindness in every act
his sensitivity is rare
His cheeky grin fills every room
And laughter fills the air
His character is strong
His wisdom slowly growing
And when he shows me compassion
I feel my heart flowing

I hear her thoughts so well
Through her eyes I see her mind
I know when she is happy
But my love for her is blind
I feel her pounding heart
And know that she's amazing
And when she presses her cheek against mine
I feel my heart glowing

I see it in his eyes
His face so full of bliss
The way he rubs his lips
To wipe away my kiss
But when he holds my hand
And when my neck he's squeezing
Even with his grumpy stand
I feel my heart growing

What makes my heart so giddy
What makes me feel alive
Who makes me want to live forever
Who is behind my smile
Three wishes that came true
Three angels kind and sweet
To love these three forever
Makes my heart beat.


No comments:

Post a Comment