Sunday 26 July 2015

For my friend

I want to wrap my arms around you
To hold you and ease your pain
I see the sadness in your eyes
The love you wanted to let grow
The plans and dreams for a different life
All crashed to the ground

In your voice I hear the crackle
I know your thoughts have been invaded
It’s hard to focus, to let it go
Just when you think you’re moving past
It covers you with it's ghostly veil
And brings you back to the past again

It’s ok to feel this sadness
To feel the anger and the pain
Time is the only healer,
Dip in and out and take control
Know that I am with you, I feel your pain
And while I can’t make it better
I will always listen, I will always care

So while I am not with you now
Feel the warmth of my arms
I hope they provide you with a haven

To know that you are loved

No comments:

Post a Comment